Through the Tax Types sub-tab, you can configure custom tax rates for specific jurisdictions. When creating a Sales Order, you can select the tax rate that applies to the order or to specific order items.
Required permission(s): tax_type_read, tax_type_create
- In the Wholesale application, open the Settings tab.
- Open the Tax Types sub-tab.
- Click New. This opens the Create a New Tax Type modal.
- Configure the tax type’s details in the fields provided.
- Tax Name: The tax type’s abbreviated name–GST, PST, etc. This field will accept a maximum of five characters.
- Rate: The tax rate. This may not exceed 100%.
- Jurisdiction: The jurisdiction in which the tax type is applicable. This assists users in selecting the correct tax types when creating Sales Orders.
- Click Create to add the new tax type.