After creating a new batch of cannabis plants, a Grow Technician should immediately label the batch with batch ID tags, individual plant ID tags, or both. Batch and plant labelling practices differ among cannabis cultivation facilities. Some cultivators do not label plants individually, and instead opt to label plants only at the batch level. However, other cultivators label each plant with a unique plant ID label.
Plant ID labels serve two distinct purposes: First, labels identify each plant by a unique ID number. Secondly, and most importantly, each label includes a unique barcode that Grow Technicians can scan to interact with the plant through the Gun App.
Follow the steps below to print a range of plant ID labels for multiple plants in a single batch. This process is also possible through the Grow Module.
Required permission(s): batch_read, plant_read
- Scan a batch, or tap a batch link, to open the batch's Overview tab.
- Click the icon to open a menu of options.
- Select Print Plant Labels to open printing options.
- Select the stage(s) of plants that require labels by clicking the corresponding buttons. This option only appears if the batch has plants in more than one stage. Once all desired stages are selected, click Next.
- If plants are in multiple locations, indicate which plant locations to draw from by clicking the checkmark beside each location. Click the all checkbox to select all locations. Once all desired locations are selected, click Next.
- Enter the quantity of plants for which to print labels in the field provided, or select all plants by clicking the All radio button. Once the desired quantity is selected, click Next.
- Read through the confirmation page. If everything is in order, click Print. This opens a printing modal.
- If the facility has multiple plant barcode printers, select a printer.
- Click Print to print the plant ID labels. Affix the labels to the plants immediately.