After creating a new batch of cannabis plants, a Grow Technician should immediately print batch tags for the batch. Labelling a batch with a tag serves two distinct purposes: First, labels identify the batch by its unique name and ID number. Secondly, and most importantly, each label includes a unique barcode that Grow Technicians can scan to interact with the batch through the Gun App.
Batch labelling practices differ between licensed cannabis cultivators. Cultivators who don't Label Plants with individual plant ID tags may label each plant in the batch with a batch tag. However, cultivators who do label plants with individual plant ID tags may print a single batch tag to affix to a shelf or table, to indicate that all plants in the location belong to the same batch.
A Grow Technician can also print a batch tag through the Gun App.
Required permission(s): batch_read
- In the Grow module, open the Batches tab.
- Select a batch to open the Batch's Profile.
- Click the icon to open a menu of options.
- Select Print Batch Tag. This opens a printing modal.
- Open the drop-down menu provided, and select a printer.
- Enter the quantity of batch tags to print. This depends on the cultivator's Standard Operating Procedures–or SOPs. Cultivators who don't label plants with individual plant ID tags may label each plant in the batch with a batch tag, or they may print a single batch tag to affix to a shelf or table, to indicate that all plants in the location belong to the same batch.
- Click OK to print the batch tags. Label the batch immediately.