Some shipping providers offer a Cash On Delivery (COD) option, in which the client pays shipping costs at the time of delivery. When placing an order through the Orders module, COD options do not appear as a standard shipping option. To accommodate a client who wants to pay Cash On Delivery, Customer Service Representatives–or CSRs–can indicate that the client wants to purchase shipping outside of the Seed-to-Sale software.
Required permission(s): order_read, order_update
- Create a New Order and add items to the order.
- Click the icon to open a menu of options.
- Click Select Shipping to open a menu of shipping options.
- In the Standard Shipping tab, select Purchase shipping outside of Ample Organics.
- Click OK to close the modal. A new Manual Shipment Tracker section will appear beneath the order items.
- Enter information about the alternative shipping option in the fields provided.
- Carrier: The shipping carrier.
- Shipping Charge: The total cost of shipping.
- Tracking Code: The shipment's tracking code, if applicable.
- Note: A CSR can only edit these fields as long as the order is Open. Once the client's payment processes, the values entered in these fields are locked.
- Click Update Shipping to add the shipping charge to the order's total cost.
- Continue the ordering workflow as usual.