From the Sales Order Profile, a user has access to essential information and actions for a specific sales order. In response to a vendor's purchase order–a request for a wholesale order–a licence holder creates a sales order to accept the request, confirm their end of the transaction, and manage shipments to the vendor.
The Overview tab displays basic information about the sales order, including the vendor's contact information and shipping address, the purchase order's reference ID number, the payment terms, and the total cost of all line items. To alter the vendor's contact information, click the vendor's name to navigate to the Vendor's Profile. To update the sales order's payment terms, order and delivery dates, or line item information, visit the Edit tab.
Sales Order Statuses
Users track the progress of a sales order by Changing the Sales Order's Status through the Status drop-down menu. At present, a sales order's status does not update automatically, so users must manually adjust a sales order's status as it enters each stage. Sales order statuses are:
- Open: A freshly created sales order; the contents and pertinent information have not been finalized.
- Pending Approval: The contents of a sales order have been finalized, but the sales order is waiting on internal approval.
- Approved: The sales order has met internal approval. Users can now download the sales order's invoice and create shipments.
- Partially Fulfilled: The vendor has received some but not all of the order. This status is only relevant in cases where the licence holder fulfills the order through multiple shipments.
- Fulfilled: The order has been fulfilled; the vendor has received the entire order.
- Cancelled (User Error): The sales order has been cancelled due to user error on the licence holder's end.
- Cancelled (Order Cancelled): The sales order has been cancelled from the vendor's end.
From the Overview tab, a user can download the sales order's invoice. The sales order invoice confirms a sales order's contents, including line items, cost, and terms of payment. Before a user can download the sales order's invoice or create a shipment, the sales order's status must be Approved.
The licence holder must send a sales order invoice PDF to the vendor as soon as a new sales order is Approved. Click to Download the Sales Order Invoice.
The line items requested in the sales order are delivered to the vendor through one or multiple shipments. Click Create Shipment to Create a New Shipment. A user can also create shipments from the Shipments tab. However, a user cannot create a new shipment if the sales order already has an open shipment.
Visit the Shipment Profile for more information on shipments.
The Edit tab allows a user to update the sales order's details as necessary. If the sales order's vendor information changes, update the fields in the Vendor section. If the details of the order change, or to add or remove line items from the order, update the fields in the Details section.
Please note that a sales order with active shipments cannot be edited.
The line items requested in the sales order are delivered to the vendor through shipments, and the Shipments tab displays all shipments associated with the sales order. The Wholesale application supports partial order fulfillment, so a large sales order may be delivered through several shipments. Conversely, a licence holder may deliver the entire order through a single shipment.
The Shipments tab lists all shipments in tabular format, with essential information about each shipment:
- ID: The shipment's unique ID number.
- Status: The shipment's status.
- Visit the Shipment's Profile to learn more about shipment statuses.
- Amount: The total value of all inventory in the shipment.
- Shipped On: The date on which the shipment was shipped. This field will be blank until the shipment is marked as Shipped.
- Delivered On: The date on which the shipment was delivered. This field will be blank until the shipment is marked as Delivered.
Once a shipment has been Approved, click the icons in the Invoice and Packing Slip columns to Download a Shipment Invoice or Download a Packing Slip. The shipment invoice summarizes the goods packed and shipped to a vendor in a given shipment, and serves as a financial snapshot for the licence holder to request payment from the vendor. The packing slip provides the vendor's bulk purchaser with information on a shipment's contents, so they can confirm the contents upon delivery.
Click New to Create a New Shipment. However, a user cannot create a new shipment if the sales order has an Open shipment. The first shipment must ship before a user can create a second shipment.
Select a shipment to open the Shipment's Profile.
Notes & Documents
The Notes & Documents tab allows the user to add notes about the sales order, or upload relevant documents.
Adding a note in the Notes section is helpful if a sales order has special conditions or details that users must accommodate. For example, if a sales order is the licence holder's first transaction with a vendor, a user might want to add a note to remind other employees to give the vendor special consideration when fulfilling and delivering the order. When creating a note, a user can check the Trigger pop-up notification box so that the note will appear whenever someone opens the Sales Order's Profile.
The Documents section allows a user to upload additional documents relevant to the sales order. Additionally, any time a user generates a sales order invoice, it is saved as an entry in this section.
Visit the Sales Orders tab to Create a New Sales Order.