The Wholesale application manages all wholesale transactions between a licence holder and cannabis retailers, also known as vendors. This includes managing sales orders, configuring payment terms and vendor information, creating wholesale shipments, picking and packing cases of cannabis products, and generating all documents necessary for this process. A licence holder can also use the Wholesale application to log Received Inventory, packaged units purchased from external sources.
The Sales Orders tab provides a high-level index of all sales orders saved to the licence holder's system. In response to a vendor's purchase order–a request for a wholesale order–a licence holder creates a sales order to accept the request and confirm their end of the transaction.
The Sales Orders tab lists sales orders in tabular format, and a user can reorder the table by clicking any column heading:
- ID: Sorts by sales order ID strings.
- PO Ref. ID: Sorts by the purchase order's reference ID string, if applicable.
- Vendor: Sorts by vendor name.
- Order Date: Sorts by the date on which the sales order was placed.
- Due Date: Sorts by the date on which the sales order is due.
- Status: Sorts sales orders by status.
- Amount: Sorts by the total cost of all line items in the sales order, including tax.
To further manage table entries, use the All Statuses drop-down menu to filter sales orders by status, or enter a search query in the Search field. Click the Archived checkbox to view archived sales orders.
Click the icon in the PDF column to Download a Sales Order Invoice, a document that confirms the sales order's contents, including line items, cost, and terms of payment. The licence holder must send the sales order invoice PDF to the vendor as soon as a new sales order is Approved.
Click New to Create a New Sales Order.
Select a sales order to open the Sales Order's Profile.
The Received Inventory tab lists all inventory received from external sources. This refers to packaged units a licence holder purchases to sell to to their own clients through the Client Portal, or to package into cases to sell to vendors through Sales Orders. Each Received Inventory record listed represents a line item on an order from an external source.
The Received Inventory tab lists Received Inventory records in tabular format, with high-level information about each inventory record:
- ID: The Received Inventory record's unique ID number. Click the link provided to open the SKU's Inventory tab.
- External Order ID: This refers to the ID string of the order through which the licence holder purchased the inventory. This is an optional field, as purchasing Received Inventory happens offline, and details of the order are not directly tracked through the Seed-to-Sale software. Please note that multiple Received Inventory records may have the same External Order ID, as a single order may include multiple line items.
- Bulk Lot: Upon adding Received Inventory, the inventory must be associated with a Bulk Lot. As with EA units packaged through Packaging Runs, Received Inventory cannot be released for sale until the associated Bulk Lot is QA Approved. Click the link provided to open the Bulk Lot's Profile.
- Product Name: The product received. Click the link provided to open the Product's Profile.
- SKU: The SKU received. Click the link provided to open the SKU's Profile.
- Total EA: The total number of EA units received.
- Packaged On: The date on which the received units were packaged.
- Received On: The date on which the units were received.
- Best Before: The Received Inventory's expiry date.
- Status: The Received Inventory's status. Inventory may have one of three statuses:
- Received: The default status for received inventory.
- Reverted: Indicates the Received Inventory record was created in error and has been reverted, and the received units have been removed from the available inventory.
- Returned: Indicates the Received Inventory has been returned to the seller, and the received units have been removed from the available inventory.
- Created On: The date on which the Received Inventory record was created.
To further manage table entries, use the All Statuses drop-down menu to filter Received Inventory records by status, or enter a search query in the Search field.
Click New to Add Received Inventory.
Received Inventory Menu
Select a Received Inventory record, and click the icon in the rightmost cell to open a menu of options. This icon only appears if the record's status is Received. Options include:
- Edit Packaged On Date: Edit the Received Inventory's Packaged On Date.
- Edit Received On Date: Edit the Received Inventory's Received On Date.
- Revert Record: Revert the Received Inventory Record to correct an error. This removes all EA units from the inventory and effectively archives the Received Inventory record.
- Return to Sender: Return the Received Inventory to the Sender. This removes all EA units from the inventory and marks them as returned.
Once Received Inventory is added, visit the SKU's Inventory tab for all inventory management functions.
The Vendors tab provides a list of all vendors saved to the licence holder's system. A vendor is any partner company with whom the licence holder has agreed to buy or sell large cannabis orders in wholesale transactions. Usually a vendor is a customer–a retailer who purchases cannabis to sell to the public.
The Vendors tab lists vendors in tabular format, with high-level information about each vendor:
- Vendor: The vendor's name
- Category: The vendor's category, if applicable. The licence holder can customize vendor categories in the Settings tab.
- Status: The vendor's status–Approved or Pending Approval. Vendors must be Approved before wholesale transactions can take place.
- Type: The vendor's type–Customer or Supplier. A vendor can be both a customer and a supplier.
To filter table results, click the Archived radio button to see only archived vendors, or enter a search query in the Search field.
Click New to Create a New Vendor.
Select a vendor to open the Vendor's Profile.
The Payment Terms sub-tab displays all payment terms saved to the licence holder's system. A payment term is an agreement between a licence holder and a vendor that determines how long the licence holder expects to receive payment after sending the Sales Order Invoice to the vendor. For example, the NT30 payment term indicates that the vendor should pay the licence holder no more than 30 days after receiving the sales order invoice. The licence holder should collaborate with vendors to determine appropriate payment terms.
The Payment Terms index displays essential information about each payment term:
- Code: The payment term's code. A user selects a payment term code when Creating a New Sales Order.
- Currency: The currency referenced in the payment term. This will usually be CAD or USD.
Click New to Create a New Payment Term. To remove a payment term from the index, click the icon.
The Vendors sub-tab allows users to manage all vendor categories saved to their system. Vendor categories allow a licence holder to more easily sort vendors based on similar characteristics, and the licence holder can customize these categories to meet the needs of their facility and the types of vendors with which they interact.
Click New to Create a New Vendor Category.
Click Archive to archive a vendor category. To view all archived vendor categories, check the Is Archived box.
For a step-by-step guide through creating and fulfilling wholesale orders, visit the Wholesale Process Guide.