When creating an order for a client, a Customer Service Representative–or CSR–can add discounts to specific order items rather than applying a discount to the entire order. Follow the steps below to apply a discount to a line item.
Required permission(s): order_update
Please note that the Cannabis Act has imposed regulations that prohibit the use of discounts on cannabis products. Each licence holder should consult the Cannabis Act and develop Standard Operating Procedures–or SOPs–surrounding the use of discounts.
- Create a New Order, but stop after adding items to the order and selecting a shipping rate.
- Click on one of the items in the order—also known as a Line Item. This opens a menu of options.
- Select Line Item Discount. This opens the Add Discount to Order Item modal.
- Specify the details of the discount in the fields provided.
- Dollar Discount/Percent Discount: The amount of the line item's cost covered by the discount, by dollar or percent. Filling in one field auto-populates the other.
- Discount Type: The nature of the discount.
- Visit the Discounts module to Add a Discount Type.
- Enter a reason: A brief description of the discount and its purpose.
- Click OK to apply the line item discount.
- Note: If an error occurs, click the icon to remove the line item discount.