Once cannabis is processed into its final form, Packaging Associates package the cannabis into bottles and/or cases, label each unit, and release the packaged units to the licence holder's inventory where they will be available for sale. Depending on the licence holder, packaging responsibilities may be split between multiple positions or combined with other roles.
Packaging Associates work primarily in the Packaging Runs module on the Gun App and the Productions module on the web platform, and interact with the seed-to-sale through Specialized Packaging Hardware.
Key tasks for Packaging Associates include:
- Packaging and labelling finished cannabis products through the Gun App
- Performing Mass Packaging Runs through the Productions module
- Releasing packaged units to inventory to make them available for sale
- Packing bottles–also known as EA units–into cases to sell through the Wholesale application.
- Reprinting labels as necessary
The Vault or Vault Super security roles are ideal for Packaging Associates.