Grow Technicians work in a licence holder's grow rooms to ensure optimal growing conditions for cannabis plants. This includes propagating plants, managing irrigation systems and photoperiods, and harvesting mature cannabis plants. Depending on the licence holder, grow room responsibilities may be split between multiple positions with varied seniority, and individual Grow Technicians may have highly specialized roles.
Grow Technicians work primarily in the Grow module on the web platform and the Grow Room module on the Gun App, and interact with the seed-to-sale software through Specialized Grow Hardware.
Key tasks for Grow Technicians include:
- Creating batches
- Labelling plants and batches
- Marking/unmarking plants as Mothers
- Moving plants and batches
- Advancing plants through the stages of cultivation
- Harvesting plants
- Recording plant waste
- How to Record Waste from an Individual Plant (Gun App)
- How to Record Waste from an Individual Plant (Grow Module)
- How to Record Waste from a Single Batch (Gun App)
- How to Destroy Batch Waste (Grow Module)
- How to Destroy Waste from a Grow Room Location (Gun App)
- How to Destroy Grow Room Waste (Grow Module)
- Destroying plants
The Grow and Grow Super security roles are ideal for Grow Technicians.