The Client Sales Setup tab stores client-facing information for a SKU–Stock Keeping Unit. Any information entered here will be publicly visible on the SKU's page on the Client Portal.
The Basic Information section stores essential information about the SKU. The field available in this section depending on the Product's Type.
- Retail Name: The SKU's retail name. This is different from the SKU's internal name in the SKU Setup section of the Overview tab; the retail name should be descriptive.
- Public Visibility: Indicates whether or not the SKU information will be publicly visible. Select Not Visible if the SKU is not yet ready for retail.
- Charge Tax: Indicates whether or not to charge tax on the SKU.
- Allow Back Orders: Indicates whether or not to allow back orders. Select Yes if the SKU is a plant, seed or accessory. For bottled cannabis products–dried flower, oil extract or capsules–select No.
- Maximum Quantity: The maximum number of EA units of this SKU a client is allowed to purchase in a single order through the Client Portal.
- Net Weight: The SKU's net weight, in grams.
- This field will be pre-populated if the user has completed the SKU Setup section on the Overview tab.
- Net Volume: The SKU's net volume, in ml. This only applies to oil products.
- This field will only appear if the product's type is Extracts, Topicals, or Edibles - Non-Solids. This field will be pre-populated if the user has completed the SKU Setup section on the Overview tab.
- Shipment Weight: The SKU's approximate shipment weight, including packaging.
- Dried Gram Equivalent: Each EA unit's approximate equivalent to a dried gram product, in grams. This provides consumers with a single unit of measurement which they can use to compare different cannabis product potencies.
- This field will only appear if the product's type is not Dried.
- Prescription Deduction: The number of grams a single SKU will deduct from the client's prescription allowance. This only applies to cannabis products.
- Discrete Unit per EA Unit: The number of discrete units in a single EA unit.
- This field only appears if the product type is measured in discrete units. This applies to products like pre-rolls, capsules, and cookies–cannabis in a form that can be counted at the unit level.
- Net Weight per Discrete Unit: The net weight, in grams, of a single discrete unit.
- This field only appears if the product type is measured in discrete units.
- Net Volume per Discrete Unit: The net volume, in millilitres, of a single discrete unit.
- This field will only appear if the product's type is Extracts, Topicals, or Edibles - Non-Solids AND the product is measured in discrete units.
The Pricing section stores the SKU's pricing information, including its Retail Price and, if applicable, a set Sale Price.
The Pricing section also allows the user to choose between Consistent Pricing and Regional Pricing. If a user selects Consistent Pricing, the SKU's retail and sale prices will be consistent throughout Canada. Selecting Regional Pricing allows the user to set a unique retail and sale price for each Canadian province. As excise taxes differ from province to province, a licence holder may elect to set up regional pricing to consistently recover costs in each province.
Click the Regional Pricing radio button to Set Up Regional Pricing.
Potency Setting/Default Potencies
The Potency Settings and Default Potencies sections control the SKU's publicly visible cannabinoid potency values. Depending on the product type selected, a SKU's Client Sales Setup tab may feature one or both of these sections. This is because on the Client Portal, the source of a product/SKU's publicly-visible cannabinoid potency information varies by product type. Some product types, like products with the Dried subclass, pull potency information directly from an associated lab report, and will display default potencies if there is no lab report available. For other product types, like products with the Extracts - Ingested and Extracts - Inhaled subclasses, a user can decide whether the portal will pull potency information from an associated lab report or from user-configured values. Furthermore, for some product subclasses like Topicals (Discrete) and Edibles, publicly-visible potency information does not pull from a lab report and must be configured manually. Visit the Guide to Portal Potency Displays for a breakdown of how publicly visible potency information is configured for each product type.
Regardless of the product type and the potency unit-of-measure, all cannabis products will include default potency fields for THC, Total THC, CBD, and Total CBD. If the SKU is measured in discrete units, this potency information will be per discrete unit.
The Other section stores miscellaneous fields that do not fit into the Basic Information or Potency Defaults sections. This section allows the user to enter a formatted SKU description and upload a bottle label background template, both of which display in the Client Portal. If the SKU is of the Edibles-Solids or Edibles-Non-Solids product subclass, this section will also include a field to upload a nutrition information table.