Through the General Bulk Lot Waste sub-tab, a QA Technician can destroy miscellaneous waste from a Bulk Lot. This may be necessary if product spills, or if a portion of the Bulk Lot degrades or goes moldy while in storage.
Required permission(s): production_read, destruction_lot_read, bulk_lot_update
- In the Productions module, select a production.
- Select a Bulk Lot. This opens the Bulk Lot's Profile.
- Open the Destruction tab.
- Open the General Bulk Lot Waste sub-tab. It should be open by default.
- Click Record New Destruction to begin a General Bulk Waste destruction.
- Enter information about the destruction in the fields provided on the modal.
- Weight: The total weight (g) of the destroyed material.
- Volume: The total volume (ml) of the destroyed material. This field only appears if the Bulk Lot's type is Extracts, Topicals, or Edibles - Non-solids.
- Discrete Units: The quantity of discrete units to destroy. This field only appears if the Bulk Lot uses discrete units as a unit of measure.
- Reason: The reason for the destruction.
- Visit the Destruction Settings tab to Add a Destruction Reason Code.
- Substance Destroyed: The substance to be destroyed.
- Visit the Destruction Settings tab to Add a Destruction Substance Type.
- Destruction Lot: The Destruction Lot and sublot that will house the destroyed material.
- Click Create to save the destruction.
If an error occurs, Revert the Bulk Lot Waste Destruction.