If a seed is not viable for production, a Grow Technician should remove it from the Seed Lot and mark it for destruction. However, note that seed destructions are irreversible. Once a seed has been destroyed, it cannot be restored and returned to the Seed Lot.
Required permission(s): seed_lot_read, strain_read, destruction_lot_read, seed_lot_archive
- In the Grow module, open the Propagation tab.
- Open the Seed Lots sub-tab.
- Select a Seed Lot to open the Seed Lot's Profile.
- Click the icon to open a menu of options.
- Click Destroy Seeds. This opens the Destroy Seeds modal.
- Enter details of the destruction in the fields provided.
- Seed Quantity: The number of seeds slated for destruction.
- Seed Weight: The weight of all seeds to be destroyed, in grams.
- Reason: The reason for the destruction.
- Substance Destroyed: The substance to destroy. In this case, select Seed.
- Destruction Lot: The Destruction Lot and child lot/sublot.
- Click Destroy Seeds to finalize the destruction.