If a customer reacts adversely to a cannabis product, the licence holder must investigate the issue and, if necessary, initiate a product recall. Each licence holder must develop and follow their own Standard Operation Procedures–or SOPs–to safely conduct recalls. This article provides advice on investigating an issue and is not a replacement for a proper recall investigation strategy.
- Visit the relevant Order's Profile and Generate a Dispensing Record to retrieve the affected bottle ID numbers.
- Visit the Complaints module and search for recent complaints about the product.
- View the affected Packaging Run or Received Inventory, and trace the product back to the Bulk Lot level.
- If necessary, send a sample from the Bulk Lot to an external lab for additional testing, and Create a New Lab Report. If all cannabis in the Bulk Lot has already been sold, Repurpose Part of a Retained Sample for Further Testing.
- Generate a Forensics Report to pull a list of all clients or vendors who have purchased cannabis from the affected Bulk Lot.
If the licence holder determines a recall must take place, visit the Recall Process Guide for recommended recall steps.