After QA Technicians release a Bulk Lot for public consumption, Packaging Associates package the bulk cannabis into saleable EA units through a Packaging Run.
Note: The Gun App has not yet been updated to accommodate discrete units or the new product classes introduced by the 2019 Cannabis Act update. At present, a user can only use the gun to package Dried (non-discrete) and Extracts-Ingested (non-discrete) product types. To package into SKUs of other product types, Create a Mass Packaging Run.
- Log into the Gun App and open the Packaging Runs module.
- Click Create New Packaging Run. This opens a Create New Packaging Run page.
- Select a product. If the product has a barcode, scan the barcode to select it. If the packaging team prefers this method of selecting products, visit the Settings module to Print a List of Product Barcodes. Alternatively, tap the Product field and select a product from the list.
- Select the product's source Bulk Lot. If the Bulk Lot has a barcode, scan the barcode to select it. Alternatively, tap the Source Lot field and select a Bulk Lot from the list.
- Select a destination SKU. If the SKU has a barcode, scan the barcode to select it. Alternatively, tap the Destination SKU field and select a SKU from the list.
- Click Create to create the Packaging Run.
- Select a label printer. This prompt only appears if there is more than one bottle label printer in the system. Tap on a printer's name to select it.